Who should be in the MSC Malaysia?
MSC Malaysia status is awarded to both local and foreign companies that develop or use multimedia technologies to produce or enhance their products and services and for process development.
Applicant companies must meet the qualifying criteria and successful companies must observe the conditions attached to the MSC Malaysia status recognition.
MSC Malaysia Status Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for MSC Malaysia status, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 1. Provider/developer and/or heavy user of multimedia products and services.
- 2. Employ substantial number of knowledge workers (must be 15% of total employment of company).
- 3. Strong value propositions specifying how operations will contribute to the development of the MSC Malaysia and Malaysia.
- 4. Establish a separate legal entity for MSC Malaysia qualifying activities.
- 5. Locate in a designated MSC Malaysia Cybercity or Cybercentre
- 6. Comply with environmental guidelines.
* All approved MSC Malaysia status companies are required to locate in a designated MSC Malaysia Cybercity or Cybercentre